We have been on a mission the past few weeks to find some less recognised animal-based charities to support. One of the ways we have researched this was to ask you lovely lot at BVNA for charities close to you who we may not have heard of, but we want to extend this even further to all of our followers. If you have some charities local to you (or just close to your heart) that you’d love us to support, let us know!
From our recommendations and research so far, here are some incredible charities across the UK:
Animal Cancer Trust
- Animal Cancer Trust – Fighting cancer in our pets
- “The ACT’s focus has always been on education, providing reliable and up to date information along with support on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in animals to veterinary professionals and pet owners”
- We met this lovely group at BVNA, they are an incredible team who are fighting an incredible cause!
Wood Green – The Animal Charity
- Wood Green, The Animal Charity. Our pet charity helps pets and their owners across the UK | Wood Green – The Animals Charity
- This charity helps to rehome a variety of animals – as well as raising money through creating personalised Dog/Cat advent calendars for you to purchase!
Linjoy Wildlife Sanctuary & Rescue
- Welcome to Linjoy Wildlife Sanctuary – Burton (Midlands)
- “Burton Wildlife Rescue and The Linjoy Sanctuary is a 24 hour emergency rescue service for British wildlife and poultry/waterfowl in the UK.”
- About Us – Snors
- “SNORS (Special Needs Older Rabbits Sanctuary) was founded in April 2015 to work in partnership with rescues, to offer rescue rabbits with complex health needs a specialist and loving permanent home.”
- Hope Rescue
- “Since 2005 Hope Rescue has been saving the lives of stray, abandoned and unwanted dogs that, through no fault of their own, need a second chance. We commit to take all the stray dogs from six Local Authorities in South Wales – Merthyr Tydfil, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Bridgend and the western half of the Vale of Glamorgan – irrespective of their age, breed or medical condition. We also help owners in crisis who need to surrender their dogs, giving them peace of mind that their dogs will be rehomed responsibly.”
Ty-Nant Cat Sanctuary
- “Tŷ-Nant was established in June 1990. We are a small, independent, not-for-profit organisation, based in Cymmer, Port Talbot. We were established in response to the problem of unwanted, stray and abandoned cats within the area. Since then hundreds of cats and kittens have passed through our care. Most have been successfully re-homed but others due to their temperament or illness have stayed at Tŷ-Nant.”
Wild Hogs Hedgehog Rescue
- Wild Hogs Hedgehog Rescue
- This charity works tirelessly to help sick, injured & orphaned hedgehogs, providing them a space to recover & hopefully be released back into the wild. They have incredible tips on their website about what to do with an unwell hedgehog, as well as what to do with a healthy one!
- TabiiCats Cat Rescue | Facebook
- “TabiiCats Cat Rescue is a volunteer cat rescue and vetted foster network based in Telford and the surrounding areas.”
This is our list so far, but we are more than happy to add to it! The more recognition & support these incredible charities get, the better!
Let us know your favourite charities – the more the merrier 😊
Websites accessed & descriptions copied on 19th October 2021.